Dome of Soltaniyeh Postcard
The Dome of Soltaniyeh in Soltaniyeh city, Zanjan Province, Iran, traditionally so called, is a complex of ruins centering on the Mausoleum of the Mongol ruler Il-khan Öljeitü, also known as Muhammad Khodabandeh. The estimated 200 ton dome stands 49 meters (161 ft) tall from its base, and is currently undergoing extensive renovation. Other names the Dome of Soltaniyeh is known by are the Oljeitu Dome, Dome of Sultaniyya, the Tomb of Oljeitu and Gonbad-e-sultaniyeh.
The main building, erected between 1302 and 1312 AD, may have the oldest double-shell dome in Iran, an idea about the construction put forth by scholar Marcel-Auguste Dieulafoy. It is one of the largest brick domes in the world, just at the theoretical engineering limit for a brick dome and the third largest dome in the world after the domes of Florence Cathedral and Hagia Sophia. Much of its exterior decoration has been lost, but the interior retains superb mosaics, faience, and murals. The Dome of Soltaniyeh paved the way for more daring Iranian-style cupola constructions in the Persianate world, such as the Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasavi and the Taj Mahal. Its importance in the Islamic world may be compared to that of Brunelleschi’s cupola for Christian architecture. (you can find more in this link)
About Dome of Soltaniyeh Postcard
A real postcard will please the addressee in a special way in the era of electronic communications. A postcard shows the addressee that the sender has been thinking about him/her. The postcard may have been chosen especially for the addressee or its stamp may fit a special theme. Many people even make postcards themselves. A postcard remains visible longer than an electronic message, and so do the warm thoughts conveyed with it. A postcard makes both the sender and the recipient happy.
We will print out and dispatch fully customized postcards with your own design, message, and logo.
- Are you the owner of a tourist complex, and wish to present the postcards of your complex to your visitors?
- Do you have a souvenir shop, and sell postcards of tourist attractions in your country?
- Are you a business owner that provides colleagues and partners with gifts on occasions like Christmas or other national celebrations?
we are prepared to print out your requested postcards. You could choose either from the numerous postcards on our website or order a customized card. You could get the logo of your company printed on the postcards.
If you prefer your own messages or texts on the cards, JUST LET US KNOW.
Your order will be processed only in one working day.
Detailed information on Dome of Soltaniyeh Postcard
- We are located in Tehran, IRAN
- We accept orders from all around the world
- Postcards are usually delivered in approximately 14 working days from the mailing day
- Postcards are delivered to the addressee’s street address.
- If your letter is furnished with the addressee’s up-to-date and complete name and address information, it will reach the addressee quickly and accurately.