Iran Persepolis Postcard
Persepolis was the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire (c. 550–330 BC). It is situated in the plains of Marvdasht, encircled by southern Zagros mountains of Iran. Modern day Shiraz is situated 60 kilometres (37 mi) southwest of the ruins of Persepolis. The earliest remains of Persepolis date back to 515 BC. It exemplifies the Achaemenid style of architecture. UNESCO declared the ruins of Persepolis a World Heritage Site in 1979.
The complex is raised high on a walled platform, with five “palaces” or halls of varying size, and grand entrances. The function of Persepolis remains quite unclear. It was not one of the largest cities in Persia, let alone the rest of the empire, but appears to have been a grand ceremonial complex that was only occupied seasonally; it is still not entirely clear where the king’s private quarters actually were. Until recent challenges, most archaeologists held that it was especially used for celebrating Nowruz, the Persian New Year, held at the spring equinox, and still an important annual festivity in modern Iran. The Iranian nobility and the tributary parts of the empire came to present gifts to the king, as represented in the stairway reliefs.
It is also unclear what permanent structures there were outside the palace complex; it may be better to think of Persepolis as just that complex rather than a “city” in the normal sense. The complex was taken by the army of Alexander the Great in 330 BC, and soon after the wooden parts were completely destroyed by fire, very likely deliberately. (you can find more in this link)
About Iran Persepolis Postcard
A real postcard will please the addressee in a special way in the era of electronic communications. A postcard shows the addressee that the sender has been thinking about him/her. The postcard may have been chosen especially for the addressee or its stamp may fit a special theme. Many people even make postcards themselves. A postcard remains visible longer than an electronic message, and so do the warm thoughts conveyed with it. A postcard makes both the sender and the recipient happy.
We will print out and dispatch fully customized postcards with your own design, message, and logo.
- Are you the owner of a tourist complex, and wish to present the postcards of your complex to your visitors?
- Do you have a souvenir shop, and sell postcards of tourist attractions in your country?
- Are you a business owner that provides colleagues and partners with gifts on occasions like Christmas or other national celebrations?
we are prepared to print out your requested postcards. You could choose either from the numerous postcards on our website or order a customized card. You could get the logo of your company printed on the postcards.
If you prefer your own messages or texts on the cards, JUST LET US KNOW.
Your order will be processed only in one working day.
Detailed information on Iran Persepolis Postcard
- We are located in Tehran, IRAN
- We accept orders from all around the world
- Postcards are usually delivered in approximately 14 working days from the mailing day
- Postcards are delivered to the addressee’s street address.
- If your letter is furnished with the addressee’s up-to-date and complete name and address information, it will reach the addressee quickly and accurately.